I hope all of you jumped happily into the new year. Here’s the first new recipe of 2018. Filling, crunchy and packed with lots of flavour!
The website has been on short (or actually quite long break) due to moving into a new apartment and then I have been back at school for the past 6 months studying photography. But now, we’re back in business and I can’t wait to share the new layout and photo’s from the Smoothies & Juices e-book (very soon!). More info will appear on the website soon.
But before you can get ready to serve glasses of filling smoothies and juices – here you’ll have these Butternut Squash Quinoa Patties → They’re perfect in a burger, salads or just as a side dish.
Butternut Squash Quinoa Patties
Yield 18 patties
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- Large handful of cilantro
- 3 tbsp. psyllium HUSK’s powder
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. tahini
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp. madras curry powder
- 1 tsp. rose paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Transfer quinoa and water to a medium saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce to low heat and let simmer until cooked.
- Line the butternut squash chunks on a clean sheet of parchment paper. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until the squash is tender and lightely browned.
- Allow the butternut squash to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer the squash to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a big bowl, combine all ingredients except for sesame seeds and combine thorough.
- Shape each patty and allign on a clean parchemnt paper. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and roast in the oven for 25 minutes, then flip each patty and roast for another 10 minutes.
Serving size: 1 patty
Calories: 110 Fat: 4.2 Saturated fat: 0.5 Carbohydrates: 16.7 Sugar: 1.0 Fiber: 4.7 Protein: 3.5