It’s finally time for some savoury meals in here! I know we’ve seen a whole lot of beverages and drinks lately and that’s also why I believe it’s time to share this awesome recipe with all of you.
Lately, there has been an awful lot of rain in Copenhagen. I can’t help but simply crave winter-ish recipes or at least recipes with a touch of autumn leaves. I have had this recipe on hold for a couple of months now, simply waiting for the fall come before I would share it. But then today while I was playing around with the camera (actually just for fun) and the pictures came out the way I intended to, I simply had to share → so here you’ll have the most delicious Roasted Cauliflower Soup + Topping
Summer in Copenhagen has been completely unpredictable and so far I have managed to meet up at work completely soaked in rain (due to instantaneously rain showers) and get home completely sunburned after a couple of hours outside. You’ll never know what to meet when you go outside, whether you’re going to be completely soaked in the rain or you’re going to regret not putting on sunscreen.
But I guess that’s part of living in a scandinavian country. At least it brings a lot of different meals during summer and not just all about munching nectarines and watermelons like a maniac, like most of my summers has been like the past couple of years.
Anyway, I hope you’ll like it and feel free to leave a comment below and let me know what you think about the post.
Roasted Cauliflower Soup + Topping
Yield 5 bowls
- 1 medium cauliflower, chopped into smaller florets
- 3 carrots, rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups, rinsed and diced white potatoes
- 5 to 8 cups veggie broth veggie broth
- 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. rose paprika
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. cayenne pepper (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1 small cauliflower, cut in to small florets
- 1 14 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. potato starch (or starch of any kind)
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp. garlic
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
For the soup
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Prepare the cauliflower florets on a clean baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, sauté onions and garlic for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove skin from the potatoes and carrots and chop both into small 1-inch chunks.
- Add potatoes, carrots, veggie broth, rose paprika and cayenne pepper to the saucepan and gently reduce heat. Let it simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes seems tender.
- Divide into two bowls using a sieve, so that you'll have one bowl with veggie broth and one bowl with the boiled veggies.
- When the cauliflower is finished in the oven, add the boiled veggies, cauliflower and nutritional yeast to a blender and then gently add a little water at a time. In that way you'll decide the texture.
- Season with salt.
For the topping
- Cut the cauliflower florets into even smaller florets.
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients (except for the pumpkin seeds) and mix thorough.
- Place on a clean baking sheet and roast in the oven for 30 minutes minutes and carefully mix around after 15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, over low heat roast pumpkin seeds until you'll see a lightly golden surface.
- Allow the roasted chickpeas/cauliflower to cool down after they are done in the oven.
- Add to a bowl and mix with pumpkin seeds and you'll have an awesome topping for the soup.
Serving size: 1 bowl
Calories: 213 Fat: 1.8 Saturated fat: 0.3 Carbohydrates: 42.0 Sugar: 8.5 Fiber: 12.2 Protein: 11.6