I’m starting a new chapter on the blog. It’s called ‘wholesome friendships’ and this is where you’ll see articles and recipes developed by some of my dearest wholesome friends around the world. I’m happy to meet so many inspiring and healthy people who share the same holistic healthy spirit as I do. I’m truly honored (thanks to social media) to meet so many wonderful, empowered and truly talented people from all around the globe and it’s such an honor to share some of their knowledge in here.
The first friend I want you to meet is Heidi from Enlightened Decadence – she makes the most stunning, wholesome and delicious recipes. She’s the creative soul behind this MOROCCAN CHICKPEA + CAULIFLOWER SOUP and it didn’t take long for me to fall in love with it. If you haven’t checked out her beautiful blog feed, take moment to do so – and you’ll see how hard it was for me, to choose only one of her recipes to make.
The first time I heard about Heidi, was scrolling down Instagram. I saw one of her picture and from that moment I knew that I had to work with her in some way. She warmly welcomed me to her hearty and loving spirit. She’s a woman with knowledge and her recipes always impress me! She has a German background, but she’s born and raised in Canada – in other words; she knows how to handle both sourdough and maple syrup.
This recipe is more than just healthy and nourishing. It’s full of taste and long-lasting energy. One thing that really impressed me was the simple grocery list. No special ingredients or spices, I actually had everything in stock already. But the taste (..oh my goodness!) That’s nothing like I’ve ever tasted before –> it was so satisfying and super flavorful!
The only thing I added to the recipe, is that I prefer to fry in water instead of oil (but that’s more like a personal thing) – if you’re used to fry in oil, do what’s best for you.
When I fry in water I simply add 1/4 cup water to the saucepan at a time, to keep the veggies from sticking to the pan.
Words can’t describe how honored and happy I am to share this delightful recipe with you! A huge thank you to Heidi for allowing me to share it. From the bottom of my heart, I hope you’ll like it as much as I do.
MOROCCAN CHICKPEA + CAULIFLOWER SOUP
Yield 3 servings
- 1/4 cup water
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 heaping cup cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1-14oz can diced tomatoes, or use fresh chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (or canned- rinsed and drained)
- Salt + Pepper
- 1 lemon
- Coriander or parsley
- In a large pot, over medium heat the 1/4 cup water and add onion, celery, carrot, cauliflower and garlic. Whenever the water evaporates, add 1/4 cup water to keep the veggies from sticking. Saute until the vegetables are softened (about 10 minutes). Stir in the spices and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium high. Add in the vegetable broth, tomatoes and chickpeas and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for approx. 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with fresh squeezed lemon juice and diced parsley or cilantro.
Serving size: 1 (out of 3)
Calories: 265 Fat: 2.1 Carbohydrates: 51.6 Sugar: 5.2 Fiber: 11.5 Protein: 10.9