I finally figured out the ultimate recipe for Easy Breezy Fluffy Buckwheat Pancakes! This recipe is really simple and packed with lots of nutrition and flavor. You’ll need less than 10 ingredients and I assure that you’ll have pancakes within 25 minutes.
PSST! CAN YOU KEEP A SECRET?
To make these ultimate badass fluffy (and of course plant-based) pancakes, you’ll need 2 things.
- Lots of baking powder. Don’t be shy. This is actually the real game changer. I have made tons of flat pancakes and I tend to get ridiculously furious every single time (yes I admit it, I do have a bad temper when it comes to prepping food). But since I have learned the power of baking powder, there’s no pancake batter on the walls and no hangry-ness in the kitchen.
- Potato Starch. It helps binding the pancake batter. I was really surprised when trying this the first time and I have used it ever since.
I’ve teamed up with govego.dk to make this recipe. It’s a Danish online store with all vegan groceries you’ll need. If you haven’t checked out their page, they’re definitely worth a visit.
I would like to say that all thoughts and opinions in this post are completely mine.
Why use lucuma powder
I’ve always liked the thought of natural ingredients and that’s one of the reasons I simply had to try the popular lucuma powder. I used two tablespoons in this recipe and honestly was able to sense the sweet taste that everyone is talking about. But if you prefer your pancakes to taste sweet like sugar, then you might want to add 1-2 tbsp. of your preferred sweetener ex. maple syrup. It’s definitely not the last time I use lucuma powder, but I’m still not letting go of my beloved maple syrup. Personally I add 1-2 tbsp. maple syrup when making these pancakes.
→ Lucuma powder brings a slightly sweet taste, but for if you’re making sweet recipes like pancakes, they need a bit more help from another sweetener.
WHY USE DATE SYRUP?
As mentioned before, I do like the thought of natural nutrients and that also means that I’m a huge fan of date syrup.
It’s the first time I’m trying this brand. I was surprised how flavorful and natural it actually was. What I also liked was the fact that it comes in a bottle (usually date syrup comes in a glass jar, which means that you have to use a spoon or knife to use it). In this way, you’ll able to squeeze out the needed syrup and nothing is a waste.
My two favorite things about date syrup
#1 Natural sweetening
#2 Rich in flavor. This also means that you’ll use less than ex. maple syrup and other sweeteners.
Easy Breezy Fluffy Buckwheat Pancakes (Naturally Sweetened)
Yield 10 pancakes
For the pancakes
- 1 ½ cup + 3-4 tbsp. oat milk(try to add 1½ cup first, and then at the remaining if necessary)
- ¾ cup buckwheat flour
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1-2 tbsp. lucuma powder
- 1-2 tbsp. maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tbsp. potato starch
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. cardamom
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Date syrup
- Coconut chips
- Hemp seeds
- Fresh blueberries
- Preheat non-stick frying pan to medium heat.
- Meanwhile, in a big bowl add all dry ingredients. When combined, add oat milk. Start by adding 1½ cup and decide if the remaining 3-4 tbsp. is necessary. You want to have a pancake batter, that is not too sticky, but neither too wet.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the frying pan, using approximately ¼ cup for each pancake. But if you don't have a non-stick frying pan, you can add ½ tsp. coconut oil to make sure that the pancakes won't stick to the pan.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings. I personally love garnishing with date syrup, fresh blueberries, coconut chips and hemp seeds.
Serving size: 1 out of 10
Calories: 94 Fat: 0.5 Carbs: 20.2 Sugar: 2.8 Fiber: 1.5 Protein: 2.5
— Sponsored by govego.dk —