If there’s one thing I love about Christmas, it gotta be homemade marzipan. I gotta tell you two things before, you’ll dig into this recipe, it’s outrageously addictive and it’s much easier than you could ever imagine. No need to buy marzipan at the grocery store anymore. It’s much more fun and it brings a lot more flavor when you do it yourself.
December bring so many delightful recipes with marzipan. You may want to try these delish ‘Easy Marzipan Truffles‘.
No refined sugar
- If you’ll buy marzipan at the local grocery store it’s loaded with refined sugar, glucose syrup preservatives. I developed this recipe only using two ingredients, almonds and medjool dates // 100% natural and nutrient rich.
Favorites about this recipe
Full of flavor!
Homemade Marzipan (DIY)
Yield 1 (14-ounce) roll
- 1½ cup (200 g) raw almonds
- 1 cup (175 g) closely packed medjool dates, pitted
- 3 cups water
- In a small saucepan, bring water to boil.
- Transfer almonds to saucepan and turn off heat. Allow to soak in the saucepan for 3 minutes, until the skin gently starts to loosen.
- Place almonds in a strainer and blanch carefully.
- Transfer almonds and dates in a food processor and blend until you'll see a homogeneous marzipan texture.
- Form into a log and wrap it up in a plastic wrap.
- Let cool for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator before using.
- Store in refrigerator.
Serving size: 100 grams
Calories: 435 Fat: 21.1 Carbohydrates: 53.7 Fiber: 7.9 Protein: 11.9