I’m going to share one of my very personal secrets today. As a snack loving vegan, I have some favorite snacks (of course!). I believe in a balanced diet, with no calorie restrictions. Which in other words, also means that I make space for a piece of chocolate once in a while. That doesn’t mean I eat chocolate everyday, but I’m definitely not avoiding it for good. I eat healthy snacks such as fruits, vegetables and nuts in the everyday life. And then I make room for these ‘Easy Marzipan Truffles’ in the weekend.
BENEFITS ABOUT HOMEMADE MARZIPAN
- It’s refined sugar free, oil free and free from glucose syrup and preservatives. When you go to the local grocery store and search for pre-made marzipan, you’ll find marzipan that has been stuffed with all these things. Homemade marzipan is 100% natural and nutrient rich.
- The intestinal system won’t use the same energy to digest these healthy truffles (as if using pre-made marzipan)
- Homemade marzipan has a lot more flavor than the marzipan you’ll find a the grocery store. I gotta tell, after trying homemade marzipan – you won’t ever buy the pre-made marzipan again.
Easy Marzipan Truffles
Yield 2 (2-inch) truffles
- 1 batch of homemade marzipan
- 25 ounces (150 gram) dark *dairy free* chocolate
- 2½ teaspoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup raw almonds, finely chopped
- Edible gold dust powder (optional)
- Put 1 tablespoon marzipan into your hands and shape each like round truffles. Place on a cooling rack.
- On low heat, toast almonds on a pan. Make sure to stir every 30 seconds to prevent them from burning. Toast until lightly golden. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate over a water bath. Add coconut oil when the chocolate is completely melted. Stir until smooth.
- Dip each marzipan truffle into the chocolate and place on a cooling rack afterwards. Sprinkle with edible gold dust powder, using a painting brush. Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- Let cool in refrigerator until harden.
- Serve cold.
Serving size: 1 truffle
Calories: 142 Fat: 9.7 Carbohydrates: 13.2 Sugar: 9 Fiber: 3.2 Protein: 2.8