Here’s the salad that suits the everyday dinner, lunch pack or just a salad to bring along. It’s easy to prepare and doesn’t require a long list of different ingredients.
Making the salad seems to be the most easy thing about dinner preparations. And yes, sometimes, it’s actually found to be the easiest thing, but I still tend to be short-minded when it comes to the salad.
I am not sure why, but I think it might be because of the fact that there are so many different veggies to include, so much taste to bring in, but at the time it’s not necessary to include a handful of ingredients to make a delicious salad.
Although I have my favorites, which I prefer to make when busy days are coming – and of course that’s why I want to share this recipe with you guys → ‘The Everyday Kale Salad’ which will show you that don’t need a long shopping list to make a salad which taste like the sound of an orchestra.
Three reasons why I think this salad is completely amazing!
- It includes Oven Roasted Chickpeas (no further comment required..)
- It’s a great protein source, with different sources, such as chickpeas and kale
- It’s crunchy and the tahini dressing brings the right amount of ‘juice’ to the salad
- You can additionally avoid dressing, or simply replace with lemon juice.
The Everyday Kale Salad
Yield 8 servings
- ½ (7-ounce bag) raw kale, rinsed and chopped
- 3 medium size carrots, shredded
- ½ medium size cucumber, rinsed and chopped
- 1 batch oven roasted chickpeas (see instructions here)
- 5 tablespoons raw tahini
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Sea salt (optional)
- 6 tablespoons water
- Prepare chickpeas.
- Rinse all greens and prepare them as requested above.
- Pour all greens into a big bowl and leave while preparing the tahini dressing.
- In a small bowl, mix tahini, lemon juice, garlic, onion powder and salt. When the batter come into a firmer mixture then add water little at a time.
- Let the chickpeas chill after roasting, pour into salad and mix with dressing.
- Serve cold.
Serving size: 1 out of 8
Calories: 105 Fat: 1.8 Carbohydrates: 18.3 Fiber: 4 Protein: 4.3