Are you a fan of hummus, pesto and spreads? Hang in there then! You’re going to absolutely love this one. This ‘Roasted Red Pepper Bean Spread’ is among other things made with butter beans, roasted red peppers, sundried tomatoes and other goodies.
All you’ll need for this recipe
Salt & Pepper
- You can additionally replace butter beans with chickpeas or other legumes, just make sure to add the same amount of legumes, as requested bellow.
- Please be aware, that I have used sundried tomatoes for this recipe, which brings a delightful taste to this spread. I would not recommend to avoid this ingredient, but please be aware that I have used the ones which has not been soaked in oil. In other words, the nutritional facts has been developed in that way and if you do add the ones which has been soaked in oil, please be aware that the nutritional facts will change.
Roasted Red Pepper Bean Spread
Yield 10 servings
- 2 medium size red peppers
- 2 (15 oz.) cans butter beans
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ cup aquafaba (liquid from the butter beans)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes (I prefer using the ones without oil)
- Chili flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut the red peppers into half and roast for 20 minutes. Set aside to cool after roasting.
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor and blend on high speed for 2 minutes or until completely smooth.
- Serve cool and store in the fridge.
Serving size: 1 out of 10
Calories: 89 Fat: 0.8 Carbohydrates: 15.4 Fiber: 4.3 Protein: 5