This is one of my favorite desserts of all time. I can eat it anytime of the day (and that includes breakfast!). It’s filling nutrition rich and super satisfying.
I’ve always had a thing for cinnamon and in my humble opinion the chai spice itself is really satisfying.
That’s why this Chai Spiced Walnut Banana Bread is my new addiction → full of nutrients, plant-power, not to mention love.
It’s the perfect serving for your favorite people (both friends, family, classmates or even your old grandma).
- I prefer using a silicone loaf pan (5 x 11-inches) for this recipe.
Chai Spiced Walnut Banana Bread
- 1 flax egg (follow these instructions)
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cardamom
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare flax egg and set aside.
- Find another bowl and combine all dry ingredients.
- In a big bowl, combine bananas, applesauce and flax egg.
- Mix all ingredients carefully and mix in 1/2 cup walnuts.
- Place the batter in a baking mould (I prefer using a silicone mould). Garnish with the remaining walnuts.
- Bake the bread for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the baking mould.
- Let cool another 5-10 minutes before serving.
Serving size: 1 (out of 14)
Calories: 206 Fat: 6.2 Carbohydrates: 35 Sugar: 15 Fiber: 2.8 Protein: 4