Are you ready for the best vegan chocolate chip cookies you’ve ever tasted? I don’t want to be rude, but that’s simply the truth. These are the best I’ve ever tasted.
Unlike most other recipes on the blog these cookies are not packed with plenty of nutritional goodies, but they’re enormously delicious, full of flavor and super crunchy.
I do believe that the everyday life should be healthy and nutrition packed, but some moments are meant to be celebrated with chocolate chip cookies. The first time I made these cookies was on a Friday night. We were two vegans (craving chocolate!) and we needed our fix.
I speak with complete honesty when I say that my hopes weren’t high when I placed the first batch in the oven. I had no idea if it was going to be a huge success or a major disaster. Thankfully they turned out great and that’s why I want to share the recipe with all of you → They’re crispy, crunchy and super tasty
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield 12 (4-inch) cookies
- 2 flax eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp. potato starch
- 3.5 ounces dark dairy free chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare flax eggs and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut oil, brown sugar, cane sugar, vanilla extract, baking powder and salt.
- Mix in 1 cup all purpose flour and quick oats. Mix in the remaining 1/2 cup of all purpose flour. Knead thorough.
- Mix in the potato starch.
- Add chocolate chips and shape each cookie. These cookies don't melt as much as most other cookie recipes. So you want to shape something that already looks like a cookie and not a ball (see pictures above).
- Bake for 14-15 minutes in 350 F.
Serving size: 1 (out of 12)
Calories: 258 Fat: 12 Carbohydrates: 40 Sugar: 24.6 Fiber: 0.8 Protein: 2.5