Are you ready for a wholesome vegan pizza? This is my go-to pizza when I come home and really don’t feel like cooking. It’s easily prepared and super satisfying. I made this pizza with an easy tomato sauce and topped with my favorite veggies. No need for cheese or any processed products. It’s healthy, nourishing and full of goodies!
But what about cheese?
During my first year of living plant-based, one of the things I discovered was how much I enjoyed pizza. Of course I’ve always liked pizza, but I also knew the dark side of the massive amount of cheese and fat in just one slice. But it didn’t take while, before I learned how easy, healthy and much more tasty a fat free vegan pizza actually is.
The best thing I’ve done, is quitting cheese on a pizza. In that way you’ll get plenty more flavors and I ensure that it’s much more satisfying.
Wholesome Vegan Pizza
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1/2 packet dry yeast (25g)
- 1 1/2 tsp. cane sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (5 oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 (14 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 (14 oz.) can artichokes
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- In a big bowl, mix water and dry yeast. Add sugar and salt.
- Add 2 cups flour and combine well. Add the remaining flour and knead thorough.
- Add enough flour until you will be able to roll out the dough. The perfect dough is not too sticky, but neither too dry. It differs, according to what type of flour you are using. Before adding all the flour make sure to knead thorough.
- Let rest covered in a warm spot for at least 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare tomato sauce. In a large skillet, add onion and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, until the onions are slightly tender. Add the remaining ingredients and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Prepare and cut veggies.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Knead the dough and roll onto your kitchen counter using a rolling pin.
- Place on a clean baking sheet and top with tomato sauce, veggies and sunflower seeds.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Serving size 1 (out of 8)
Calories: 272 Sugar:3.6 Fat: 4.4
Carbs: 50.6 Fiber: 5.6 Protein: 9.5