When I think about Valentine’s Day I tend to think about one certain thing. To be more specific I think about health. I think about the way I want to share wholesome and healthy meals with friends & family. To me, that’s what Valentine’s Day is about. Sharing healthy and life extending meals with loved ones.
That’s why I developed this ‘Happy + Healthy Valentine Smoothie Bowl’ – simply to nourish you and the one you love. It’s life extending, delicious and an easy way to get your daily vitamins and fibers.
Personally I’m not really into traditions, but as my yoga instructor said last week “when it comes to the celebration of love, then it’s ok”. For some reason that sentence stuck to my head. At least it made me want to share this Valentine’s recipe with you.
Favorites about this smoothie bowl
- Perfect meal for slow mornings
- Suitable for everyone. Garnish with your favorite toppings and make it your bowl.
- Packed with goodies. One bowl contains nothing less than 13 grams of fiber and 8 grams of protein.
Happy + Healthy Valentine Smoothie Bowl
Yield 2 bowls
For the smoothie
- 3 medium bananas
- 1 medium raw beet, peeled
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 inches of ginger root
- Raw coconut chips
- Raw hemp hearts
- In your blender, add all ingredients for the smoothie and pulse on high speed. Pulse until smooth.
- Pour into a medium bowl and garnish with your favorite toppings.
Serving size: 1
Calories: 336 Fat: 6.3 Carbs: 69.3 Sugar: 36.7 Fiber: 13.3 Protein: 7.7