One of my all time favorite crispy snacks. It only takes 20 minutes and I can assure you that you are going to love it. It works perfectly well as salad topping, wrap filling, baked potato filling or even as pizza topping – there are plenty opportunities!
My three favorites
Crispy (even though there is no added oil)
Tasty (seasoned with sambal olek, soy sauce, smoked paprika, oregano, onion powder and garlic powder)
Protein-rich (6.6 grams per serving)
- Do you like it spicy? You can additionally add one or two extra spoons sambal olek (or chili sauce)
Oven Roasted Chickpeas
- 2 (14-ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon sambal olek (or another chili sauce)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ⅔ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Drain chickpeas, rinse with water and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Mix all ingredients and place on clean parchment paper.
- In preheated oven, roast for 18 to 20 minutes.
Serving size: 1 out of 4
Calories: 152 Fat: 1.4 Carbohydrates: 28 Fiber: 5.4 Protein: 6.6